Every season offers a different challenge for one’s hair and one’s overall style. However, with a little effort, it is easy to create some great sewing patterns for handmade hair accessories. What makes it better is the fact that they can be adorned with fabric scraps to have customized hair accessories complimenting every outfit in the closet. Talk about saying goodbye to not being color coordinated in terms of fashion! It is an unhealthy yet a highly common trend to carry accessories that cost more than the outfit itself! The perfect solution for girls tired of overpaying for such amenities is to sew them on their own.
What can be created? Right from headbands, cute ribbons, bow ties, hair flowers and basically anything an imagination can muster up can be created using some scraps of fabric. Here are a couple of the best sewing patterns for handmade hair accessories that are currently highly rated by top fashion critics.
Toddler Sun Bonnet complimented with an elegant Ruffle Brim
It is so simple to sew a Toddler Sun Bonnet. With the help of this, you can create your own design on your hat. It is recommended that you make one for each of your gown! Toddler Sun Bonnets are currently a trending item of clothing that bring out the cute side of a fashion statement.
What makes it practical and fashionable at the same time is the ruffle edge which can be easily sewn. It adds an unassertive feel to the whole item making it perfect for the summers. One can just imagine a girl flaunting this style while riding a bike! The brim also proves to be effective in delivering protection from the sun rays. Perfect for work, school and casual wear, the ruffle brim adds a unique and frilly touch to the hat.
Requirements to make the hat–
- Half a yard of 45 inch wide fabric
- 1 set of single fold adhesive tape
- Multipurpose thread to match
- 1/8th inch elastic
Bow or Ribbon
The classic bow or ribbon look has wonderfully asserted itself as a great fashion statement. Whether you are a woman in your 30s going for a random haircut or are a little aged opting for the best hairstyles for over 50, the bow or ribbon can be a great addition making almost any look perfect.
- Locate the center of the total length of ribbon.
- Make a circle on both verges of the center of the ribbon.
- Tie the bow.
- Cross the rings or circles over each other to make a sign that looks like an X.
- Bring the back loop in front via the opening underneath the X. By doing this the bow is tied.
- Finish the two loops in a similar fashion.
- Turn the center and ends so the right side of the ribbon is visible.
- Tug ribbon loops to squeeze and tighten the bow. Pull the ends to curtail the circles and repeat narrowing the bow if needed to regulate the size.
Use an appropriate length of ribbon, long enough for the required bow size. You can go for the appropriate color as per your choice.
These sewing techniques can help in making any girl fashionably independent. All one needs are a few scraps of fabric and a little effort!